As promised, the recipes from last week. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a cookie sheet
- mix eggs and honey
- sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, all spice and nutmeg together in separate bowl
- mix two mixtures together adding almonds, lemon extract and salt
- roll dough onto a floured surface to 1/4″ thickness, cut with cookie cutter and place on prepped cookies sheet
- bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown
Original recipe from The Wholesome Junk Food Cookbook.
This was my first time cooking with honey (not counting the fail that was the fudge that I also attempted the same day, so I don’t really count that). So now I know that honey can be used for things other than toast. Yeah learning experiences! Other one from that day, don’t use a paring knife to open nutmeg. I had used the tip to pry the little shaker tab thing on another spice, but I got exasperated with it not working and decided to use it vertically and just press down. Mistake, cut right through the bottom of the container, I did get it open though. I take accident prone to a whole new level. Also, I had these little cakes with jam on them for breakfast, fantastic. I’m not sure if I made them correctly or not, but they were really really dense. But eaten the way I did, the seemed like the perfect breakfast food. Especially with a cup of tea.
- 1 (16 oz) can pumpkin
- 1 (1 1/2 oz) box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container cool whip free
- pumpkin spice (to taste)
- combine all ingredients in order
- chill for 2 hours
Another pinterest discovered recipe which led me to the Recipe Diaries.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 12 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk (I used almond)
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray tins with non-stick cooking spray. The original directions called for mini-muffin tins, but I didn’t have any so I decided to use regular muffin tins as well a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- In second bowl mix oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin, and milk. Pour in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- In attempt to still make cute little poppers I only partially filled the muffin tins. I made 12 ‘poppers’. I baked the rest of the dough in the loaf pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Melt butter in small bowl. Since I was only going over 12 ‘poppers’ I melted about 2 tablespoons. Mix sugar and cinnamon in separate bowl.
- Allow poppers to cool for a few minutes.
- Coat poppers lightly in butter and then roll them in sugar.
I found the original/directions recipe via pinterest which led me to Just The Little Things.
More of the 41 Days of Celebration coming soon, check back all month long for updates! ~ Q