I’ve been baking at least one holiday goodie a day all weekend, actually, since Wednesday. Rather seems like the thing to do this time of year, although I don’t really need all these lying about the house. Which is why most of them have been (or are being) put in the freezer for prolonged keeping. It will be nice already having a variety of sweets ready for various holiday functions. Likewise, I can pull one out for dessert should I desire, while not having them ready to eat at a moments notice. Should keep me from binging on all of them at once. Fingers crossed. I’ve remade Grinch Cookies and Trix Krispies as well as adding a couple new recipes: Nutella-Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies and Kringla, and then the traditional sugar cookies.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 8 drops green food color
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mint baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in both mint and chocolate chips.
- Using small spoons (teaspoons, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- 1 x 400g bag of mini marshmallows
- 10 cups Trix cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- Place the butter and marshmallows in a glass bowl and pop in the microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes to melt.
- Stir well.
- Mix in your trix and stir.
- Pour into a large greased pan (9 x 13 or 11 x 11) and press down with a spoon.
- Cut into squares.
Nutella-Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, soft
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bag (12-ounces) white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 bag (5-ounces) dried cranberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare a cookie sheet and set aside. Do not grease.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and Nutella; mix until creamy.
- Add light brown sugar, sugar, and baking soda; continue to beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add flour in batches; beat each batch until combined. You may have to stir in the last batch of flour.
- Stir in 1/2-bag of white chocolate chips and 1/2 bag of dried cranberries.
- Drop by rounded spoons on prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until edges are just browned.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes then transfer to wire rack.
- Decorate with the rest of the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries as they cool.
- Cool completely.
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Cream sugar and margarine until smooth.
- Add eggs and sour cream.
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder. Stir Well
- Let cool overnight.
- Shape in figure 8’s and bake at 375 until done
Until next time