To add some info that was left out of the introduction post (which you can see here).
I am a graphic designer, who has lived a somewhat sheltered life. I still live within 10 miles of my child-hood home, I’ve never been in a relationship, I went to college in my home town and the most adventurous thing I’ve done to date was live in Rome for 4 months. And even that was school led (study abroad). I moved into my own place around Halloween of 2011, three months after starting my second post-graduation job. Now that I’ve been able to survive living alone for the last six months, I figure it’s time to do more than survive. So this blog will document my attempt to live an ‘adult’ life…whatever that turns out to be. Posts I’ll try to include:
- Kitchen adventures: my attempts at cooking/meal planing
- Artwork: most likely just little doodles I manage to do, but maybe, just maybe, there will be the next soup can.
- Reviews: Books for sure, since I read/listen to a lot of books, but also movies and if I ever attend one, concerts.
- Adventures: When it’s nice out I want to explore the town/state I live in…and other trips too.
- Rambles: perhaps I shouldn’t put this as a ‘try to include’ but honestly it’s probably what will happen the most. Even if something falls into reviews, I think we all know rambling will be included-fun.
*Update* – February 13, 2013
The other day there was a prompt to explain what the blog title meant. Here was my answer for Q the Adult (or jump to the post here):
It’s both simple and slightly complicated, as is everything in life. My last name starts with a Q and I am of an age where most people consider others this age to be an ‘adult’. You could end it there but if you take it one step further you’ll see it’s more reflective of who I am (or at least what my interests are).
My family likes to play off the Q sounding like ‘cue’ a lot. For Christmas (or any gifts really) if an item hasn’t arrived we wrap Qpons instead of coupons. My Aunt once sent us a ThanQ card rather than a Thank you card (perhaps it should have been ThaneQ, but that wouldn’t have been as cute).
I have always enjoyed theater which gives cues to it’s actors (a personal reflection of my interests in the title). The dictionary defines the word cue as:
1) A signal, such as a word or action, used to prompt another event in a performance, such as an actor’s speech or entrance, a change in lighting, or a sound effect.
2) a. A reminder or prompting.
b. A hint or suggestion.
So if you translate my blog name it’s the prompting or suggestion for ‘adulthood’ to occur. Since this blog is (sometimes) about me exploring what it means to me to be an adult, it feels quite fitting. So there you have it. My blog name quickly deciphered.