Continuing my movie marathon I had planned on watching Scream 2 and Nightmare Before Christmas. Since, as I’ve stated before, we have down town trick-or-treating that I’m co-in charge of I had to take sometime last night to fill luminaries with sand. I only was able to watch Scream 2 (luckily filling bags after the movie fulfilled my rule of having to do something to unwind after a scary movie)
The thing about scream 2 is that somethings feel very forced, like the Dewey-Gale love line. Is it necessary? Not really. Can’t he just be mad at her, do they have to have this reconnecting moment? Or can’t the reconnecting moment be that she really isn’t as terrible as she portrays 85% of the time? Sidney is fairly inconsistent, very hot and cold. However, surviving as many traumas as she has I can see how that would happen, but still. You shouldn’t rely on audiences giving her that break. All in all though I still jumped and cringed so they did there job, right?
Until tomorrow ~ Q
During Movie Thoughts:
- Really, you’re commenting about how her wardrobe choice moves the plot of the story along. It’s a HORROR movie, there isn’t an earth shattering plot. Stupid comment dumb character who will be dead in 5 minutes.
- And boyfriend of the year award goes to….you Mr. Jump out of the closet
- Never listen to other bathroom stalls, lesson learned
- time to change numbers again, that would not be cool
- ‘a vague promise at best’…I’ll have to use that
- Is Sidney destined to always hit Gale upon their first meeting?
- Is having the girl who is the vampire slayer watching Nosferatu an example of directorial intent?
- Memo to self, throw bike at attacker. Seriously bikes are awkward when you’re on one, how much harder to maneuver when one is thrown at you.
- Yes, we’ve all been underage drinking, lets rush to where there are cops!
- Why would you answer a phone at a random sorority? Bad call
- Yes make your distraught girlfriend the center of attention by singing her a love song in the cafeteria. Nice gesture and all but a better one would be something private, no?
- Didn’t Sidney crack a shot about ‘with her luck Tori Spelling would play her’ in Scream 1. Hey Luke Wilson!
- Dewy and Randy are 5 – ‘if I’m a suspect so are you’
- “The battle for the soul is fought in the forum of art” – I do like that
- Here Sidney, let me protect you by moving you by an exit and leaving you
- Greek Tragedy, nice symbolism
- Can you look any more guilty Cotton
- WHY THE FORCED LOVE STORY?!?
- Nice theme music for Dewey
- “Ask Cotton, he’s the real hero.” Gag me.
- Sidney flip flops her opinions on people every two seconds…Gale (she saved our lives….smack!), Boyfriend (we should stay apart… i love you… leave me alone) Cotton – you see where this is going